Learn more about the lace melt technique. This is a method when it comes to installing a wig using your lace front wig or lace frontal. When you done this, you can get a perfectly natural look.
Before we learn this method, I want to share with you something to make sure you execute the process correctly.
Firstly---you should know about lace front wigs and lace frontal
Lace Front Wigs — is a small sheer lace panel along the front hairline attached to the front of the wig. The hair strands are hand tied onto a soft lace base. The rest of the wig cap is made out of a stronger material that will not tear as easily as the lace. Wearing lace front wigs is very simple because they are stretchy and cover the front part (the part that rests on the forehead). It gives the appearance of a natural hairline, and allows the wearer to style the wig without revealing the fact that they are wearing a wig.
Lace Frontals — A frontal goes from ear to ear, so the entire front is covered. 13x4 Lace Frontal is the standard size. Wearing a lace frontal that you can create entire hairline from ear to ear, which also gives the appearance of a natural hairline . Lace frontals are always used to create a frontal wig along with 3 bundles or 4 bundles of hair.
Secondly ---You should learn the Precautions
Before you start this process, you must be sure there are no scabs or irritation along your hairline. It won’t be done perfectly unless you cleaned your hairline.
With this technique, an electric hot comb is required to complete the process. Make sure that you do not allow your hot comb to become extremely hot. Your hot comb should be set to medium and not above. If the hot comb temperature is set any higher there is a possibility you may damage your scalp or skin.
Here, I am going to share the steps for achieving the meltdown look
1. Pull your freshly shampooed hair down into a bun or braid it up.
2. Place a nude color wig cap a little forward pass your hairline.
3. Use Got 2B to secure the cap and blow dry to make slightly tacky
4. Add hairspray for extreme hold and blow dry again
5. Once it is dry, cut front of stocking cap in sections
6. Use a powder foundation to wipe all over the front of the stocking cap
7. Put one lace frontal wig on your head a little forward and style the wig to match with your face shape.
8. Put glue on your forehead and place the wig onto your head
9. Cut off the excess lace of the wig
10 Use the tweezers to carefully pluck out your hairline
11.After done this you can use a tooth brush or just a comb to left some baby hair out of the wig
12. Use your hot comb to make your hair smooth (Be extra careful when doing this)
As a method of wig installation, the lace meltdown is a great technique but requires attention to detail. No wig is worth hair loss. Take your time if you want to complete the install like a professional.
Make sure you comment below with your lace melt experience. We want to know what you think!